Wet and rainy weather is a big challenge for LED displays. How to waterproof in rainy seasons is a problem facing outdoor LED displays. Outdoor itself is a more complex environment than indoors. We must not only consider the issue of humidity, but also do daily maintenance such as waterproofing. Well-sealed installation can help reduce the risk of water ingress. Regular cleaning of the dust attached inside and outside can also help the display screen better dissipate heat and reduce the adhesion of water vapor. In addition, moisture may cause dead lights on the LED display.
Therefore, during the production and construction of outdoor full-color LED displays, waterproof prevention work is required.
1. Use a fan or other tools to dry the screen body that has taken in water as soon as possible.
2. Power on to age the screen body after it has been completely dried. The specific steps are as follows:
a. Adjust the brightness (full white) to 10%, and power on for 8-12 hours.
b. Adjust the brightness (full white) to 30% and power on for 12 hours.
c. Adjust the brightness (full white) to 60%, and power on for 12-24 hours.
d. Adjust the brightness (full white) to 10%, and power on for 8-12 hours.
1. Do not put the LED screen body that has taken in water into the air box. This will easily suffocate the LED lights.
2. When water enters the warehouse, it is possible for the air box to take in water as well. It is necessary to expose all air boxes to prevent the water from evaporating into the LED display after packing.
In addition to taking measures after the LED display took in water, we also need to prevent before it happens. How can we improve the waterproof work of LED displays in every step? Please follow as below.
In the course of manufacturing LED displays, its PCB board should be anti-corrosion. For example, the surface should be coated with three anti-paints, etc. And high-quality accessories should be chosen for the power supply and power cord. The waterproof box used must be tightly sealed, and the screen body must reach IP65. The welding place is the most susceptible to corrosion. So please pay attention to its protection work. What has to be mentioned is that the frame is particularly susceptible to rust and anti-rust treatment.
Secondly, professional waterproof coating exclusively for different unit board materials is required and attention must be paid to whether there is waterproof groove on the unit board kit. Finally, it is necessary to pay attention to the waterproof problem of the back panel of the outdoor LED display. Because during the course of using them, the back panel offers great convenience not only on heat-dissipating but also on waterproof performance.
When dealing with the waterproof coating on the back, pay more attention to the waterproof performance of the aluminum strip on the back of the small strip display. Use a drill to design a row of drains under the aluminum-plastic panel to increase the performance of heat-dissipation more than waterproof.
In the specific construction site; the combination of prevention and drainage in the structural design; after the structure is determined, the sealing strip material, which has properties such as a hollow bubble tube structure, small compression set and large elongation at break, can be considered according to the characteristics of the structure; after selecting the seal strip material, it is necessary to design a suitable contact surface and contact force according to the characteristics of the seal strip material to compact the sealing strip to be denser. Apply important protection in some places like the installation, waterproof slots, etc., to ensure that there is no accumulated water in the display.
1. Outdoor screens need to be used often because the display screen in working state itself generates some heat and can evaporate some water vapor, which greatly reduces the possibility of short circuits caused by humidity. Learn more about how to prolong led screen lifespan here.
2. It is recommended that the LED screen should be used at least once a week during the rainy season, turned on at least once a month, and lighted up for more than 2 hours.
3. The stability of LED display bodies might be influenced when not being dealt with immediately after taking in water. In the course of emergency treatment, the phenomenon of continuous dead lights may occur after the screen body is powered on.
4. All the LED display screens that take in water are in the flight case. After three days, the screen bodies are nearly impossible to be repaired. Please handle it with caution.